Big news from the two of us. Darren proposed last night. Don't ask us when the big day will be because we're not as on top of things as Josh and Kate, and it'll take some time to let our lives settle down after my move and his big things going on. As soon as we've had a chance to talk about things more, we'll let you know when and where it's going to be. He was very sweet - we made it to Koh Pi Pi yesterday after 13 hours on a train, 3 hours on a bus, and 2 hours on a boat. We got checked into a nice, but cheap place (no bungalow for us on this island - too expensive), and had a great dinner. After dinner, we found a nice quiet stretch of beach, and he suddenly just about stopped breathing, so I knew it was coming. He gave me a sweet little silver band to substitute for the real thing, which is safely in Seattle (and beautiful - he brought pictures :)
We're going for a hike around the island today and snorkelling this afternoon. This place is paradise, even after the tsunami, though about half of the island is still under reconstruction. I can't think of anything else to say right now, but I knew you'd all want to hear the big news. This is also how I'm going to find out just who is reading this thing ;)
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
wow kids, I never saw that one coming ;>
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Congrats you two!! Kate and I are so happy for you both. And now Kate will have someone else to talk weddings with. :)
Congratulations. You two will be very happy together. This trip is probably seeming like a better and better idea to your Mom. Have you called her?
I will pass the news around the lab.
Have fun in paradise.
KIM!!! YAAAAY!! Congrats hunny!!! I am so so so excited for you :) :)
dude...,
Congratulations!!! Wow, what a trip....I am happy for the two of you...have fun celebrating!
c
I was two posts behind on my reading and then the lab went for sushi and in the middle of some pretty heavy wasabi I overheard Rafael say the words "Darren" and "engagement"! I hate it when someone spoils the romantic ending of the movie for me !!!
;)
Anyway congrats from both of us - hope the rest of your trip is just as exciting!!
congrats guys!
congrats guys! and stay away from the chickens over there.
Post a Comment