Yes, I know that I have a reasonably well endowed hind end. And now a significant portion of Hoi An has repeatedly pointed this out to me. I had clothes tailored in Hoi An - a lot of them. Three pair of casual pants and a nice skirt, a brown courderoy jacket, and two button up dress shirts. The coup de grace, though, is this outfit that I had made from the red silk that I bought in the silk village in Cambodia. I found a nice little shop run by a woman who spoke really good English, was patient, and listened to me. This is a rarity in SE Asia where everyone is just SO DESPERATE to sell something to you that they often tell you what you need and want rather than listen to your explanation. So I told her that I wanted a nice fitted sleeveless camisole type shirt and simple, elegant straight-legged pants, and I explained to her how important it was that this came out perfectly since I only had 3 1/2 meters of this very special and irreplaceable silk. And she did a magnificent job, even down to the detail in the embroidered bamboo detail on the top and pants cuff. Yeeheee!!! So this is what I will be wearing to Josh and Kate's wedding, and all the rest of you better pair up and get hitched because I want lots of other opportunities to wear this - soon enough you'll be saying, "God Kim, please just buy a new nice outfit and stop wearing this one and making us listen to the story over and over again about how you bought the silk in Cambodia and how it was tailored in Vietnam!" But for now, I'm going to go on being quite pleased ;)
Which leads me back to my bum. The women measuring me in the two shops that I had things made in were very entertained by my rear measurements. The woman in my favorite shop (the other shop was crap)was in her early twenties, and teensy tiny itty bitty. She didn't even come up to my shoulder. And she developed an obsession with my rear. So everytime I walked past her, she swatted me. She kept saying she wanted to take some out of mine and put it into hers. She's very cute, though, and we had a laughing, joking good time. The other great thing is that they keep your measurements on file. So if there is anything else that I want to have made when I get home, I can email her, and she'll send it on to me. Yay!
So now we're on China beach, which is lovely, at the base of the Marble Mountains, which are also lovely, and we plan to just chill out for a couple of days. I think the three of us are pretty tired of go go go. Which also reminds me that I still have to update the first 3 days of our motobike tour - later, you'll just have to be patient and wait for that one. Ta ta!!
Friday, October 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aw, Kimee - those hips are fine, without them, you couldn't (eventually) balance your squalling sets of TWINS! ;>
Sounds like you are still having a blast. Me, I'm still having a BLAST search ....
I can ask Jay if he'll let me get married again so you can wear the outfit ;) But he'll probably insist I remarry him. How boring.
Alright! Glad to hear you've got your wedding outfit picked out..I still don't. Heck, I haven't even really thought about looking yet (much to Kate's dismay). ;) Glad to hear you're having a fine time out there, and can't wait to see you soon! I'm still waiting to see some pictures from the trip, tho...
Post a Comment